Common Admission Test (CAT) 2015.
This exam is online recognised throughout India. Its a very reputed selection test for the students who wish to take admissions in any top management institutions of India. This aptitude test is jointly held by IIM every year to get admissions in all13 IIMs, Indian Institute of Science and also Management programs in Indian Institute of Technology.
But, this is not just the criteria to avauil admission in any Management colleges and thus its followed by the rounds of some Group Discussion, an Interview, and Written Exams.
CAT started in the year 2007 for Management stream. The total no. of CAT Applicants are 195000. The seats for the year 2014-16 are 3335
Reservation for CAT
· 15% (SC),
· 27% (OBC),
· 47.5% (GEN)
Information for CAT 2015
· To qualify the exam, you will need minimum 50% in the Bachelor’s Degree that has to be Recognized By the University Grants Commission.
· The average Cut-off for the Top 10 Colleges in India is 97 Percentile.
· You can apply this exam till September 30 and the exam will be held on November 16& November 22.
· The results will be out on 27th December, 2015.
· The application fees for this exam is Rs.1600 (GEN/OBC) and Rs.800 (SC/ST/DA)
· To register for CAT 2015 the Window Opens in the month of August and is held via the Online Mode only.
· Examination Pattern will include 2 sections: Data Interpretation & Qualitative Ability, while the other being verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. Each will have 50 questions.
· You can see the CAT result on its official website. For this you must have your username, the password and your roll number.
· The obtained Scorecard of 2015 will only be valid till the December 31, 2015.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) 2015
This is an online Recognised test throughout India for Management. This computer adaptive test assesses the candidate’s writing, verbal, analytical, quantitative, and reading skills in the standard written English. It’s taken to get admission in graduate management program, like MBA or Masters in Finance. This is a registered trademark of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
More than 5,900 programs by 2,100 universities and many institutions use this score to select candidates Top B- Schools also use this test as a critera for admitting in many graduate management programs, like MBA or Master of Finance programs.
Information for GMAT 2015:
· This is an International Level Screening Test for courses like M.B.A
· It is managed by Graduate Management Admission Council
· The Candidate’s age must be more than 18 years
· The application Fees is 15566 INR
· You can take Maximum Attempt of Not more than 5 times in a year `
· To be eligible you must be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university or an institute.
· The Candidate will have to wait for at least 31 days to take the next exam.
· GMAT eligibility can also vary from institute, provided the candidate has passed GMAT Test.
· You can take this exam any time during a year and you are flexible to choose the day provide the availability and time slot.
· The scores are valid for 5 years.
· You can register via 4 modes: telephone, Fax, a Postal Mail or Online Registration.
· The exam has 4 sections to test abilities on different parameters – Writing, Reasoning, and Verbal and Quantitative skills.
· The test is held for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
· The score for Verbal, Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning and the Total scores are given immediately after exam.
· Candidates receive an email with an URL to get access of the score report just within 20 days of exam.
Find more info about these exams HERE