Having a good hair day is a rare phenomenon, which usually occurs only on the day we freshly wash our hair. But did you know that you can now enjoy a good hair day every day? Investing in a good-quality hair straightener will help you achieve rocking smooth, shiny and sleek hair.
Instead of visiting a salon every time to achieve your dream hair before an outing, you can now treat yourself to salon-style hair with a hair straightener. Every girl loves to sport a sleek mane because it not only looks stylish but is also manageable.
Straight hair is such a classic yet simple look that you can sport the hairdo with all sorts of looks, such as with your dresses, traditional wear, formal wear and even casual and loungewear. If you wish to know how you can get a straight and sleek mane, let us help you with some tips to follow.
- Prep for straight hair in the shower: Before you start ironing your hair straight, you need to first have a fresh mane. Wash your hair with a sulphate-free shampoo and don’t forget to condition it so your locks can become manageable even before you straighten them. You can use a wide-toothed comb to run the conditioner evenly throughout your hair. Wash off after a few minutes and simply pat dry your hair with a cotton T-shirt.
- Use a heat protectant: It is wise to air dry your hair instead of using a hair dryer, unless you’re in a hurry. Once your hair is completely dry, you must first apply a heat protectant spray or cream to make sure your strands don’t get fried. The heat protectant will also help you tame the frizzy hair. Get a heat protectant sans oil and serums so your hair won’t be weighed down.
- Monitor the temperature: Avoid setting your hair straightener at the highest temperature, you don’t want to damage your mane. You can use a medium setting if your hair is a bit wavy and save the high temperature for a curly and ruly mane. The ceramic plates heat evenly, so you won’t have to run the ironing machine more than once over your hair.
- Take one section at a time: Randomly grabbing a fistful of hair and ironing it straight won’t give you the desired result, especially if you’re trying to achieve a poker-straight look rather than a natural one. Take one section at a time with your comb and gently run the ironing machine over it. Complete the rest of your hair by dividing it into parts.
- Add finishing products: If your hair is naturally curly or frizzy, you can apply some finishing products such as a hair serum to lock in the straight look. But before doing that, you might want to first wait for the mane to cool down. You can even spray the finishing product onto your hair brush and gently run it down your mane to cover all the areas evenly.
Following these easy techniques, you can use hair straighteners professionally to achieve salon-like straight hair within minutes.