We are so obsessed with social media influencers that we want to look like them. Having clear skin, a sharp jawline, a perfect body, etc., is still a dream of many. Especially in this day and age, where posting pictures on social media is everything. So what can you do to achieve that? In this case, Plastic surgery is a great option.
We live in a world where the first thing we do after waking up is to check our phones. Day or night, we always have our phones in our hands and apps like Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc., at our fingertips.
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty involving the restoration, reconstruction, or alteration of the human body, to repair and reconstruct missing or damaged tissue and skin.
We can divide Plastic surgery into two main categories: Reconstructive Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery. Reconstructive procedures involve injuries due to accidents, correction of congenital disabilities, etc., whereas Cosmetic procedures involve facelift, brow/forehead lift, nose reshaping, etc.
If we see in India, a large population is very interested in getting cosmetic surgeries because we are all looking at different influencers online who look a certain way. Naturally, we also want to look like them due to human tendencies. There is nothing wrong with wanting to do that. There are a lot of great plastic surgeons available in India who can help you achieve the look you want.
If you’re looking for a plastic surgeon in Hyderabad, you should check out Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, a plastic surgeon with 14+ years of experience at his clinic Redefine Hair Transplant and Plastic Surgery Center. He provides a lot of cosmetic as well as reconstructive surgeries.
● Congenital disabilities like cleft lips, webbed fingers, etc
● Accidental injuries like burn marks
● Removal of cancerous tissues
● To improve your self-confidence
● To enhance your appearance using cosmetic surgery
● To increase your self-confidence
● To improve your mental health
● Some plastic surgery procedures can improve your physical health
A cosmetic procedure to raise the brows
Type of surgery that repairs droopy eyelids.
Type of surgery used to change the ears’ shape, position, or size.
Hair replacement surgery
It involves removing small pieces of hair-bearing scalp grafts from a donor site and relocating them to a bald or thinning area.
A plastic surgery procedure for altering and reconstructing the nose
The procedure is used to enhance certain facial features or bring a particular aspect of the face into proportion with the rest.
A cosmetic procedure that can give you fuller, plumper lips using a dermal filler
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove fat from specific body areas.
Botox/filler injections (Restylane)
Botox injections block specific chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals that cause muscles to contract.
Surgical tattoo removal, involves cutting off tattooed skin and stitching the remaining skin back together.
Breast augmentation or enlargement
Performed using saline or silicone gel prosthetics, and now occasionally with fat grafting.
Mastopexy or a breast lift
They are removing the skin and glandular tissue to make the breasts smaller and rearranging the remaining tissue to make the breast appear lifted.
As with any surgery, plastic surgery involves some risks. If you have diabetes, it might affect the healing process. Smoking or drinking can also interfere with healing. It would help if you considered the effects and the risks involved before making the decision that you want to proceed with it. [READ: Can You Reduce Your Risk Of Getting Diabetes Complications?[
The risk/ side effects might involve:
- Pain and discomfort, it is common in most surgeries.
- Some people have reactions to anesthesia.
- Discoloration from bruising may take several weeks to resolve.
- Moderate swelling and bruising are normal after surgery.
- Bleeding is common in all surgeries, so we can expect blood loss as a common complication.
- Some of the surgeries may leave scars, which might be irritating because you are getting the surgery to look better.
- Infection, which may worsen scarring and require additional surgery
- Nerve damage: You may experience a tingling sensation and numbness after plastic surgery.
How can you prepare?
According to Dr. Harikiran Chakuri – plastic surgeon in Hyderabad, you can take the following approach while preparing for the surgery:
● You can discuss with your surgeon the surgery before it takes place.
● You can tell them about your medical history.
● You can ask the surgeon about the benefits, risks, and expectations of the procedure.
● Discuss your recovery speed.
● Discuss pre-operative and post-operative procedures like medications.
● Do not drink or smoke or take any drugs before or after the surgery.
● Be sure to stop drinking and eating for the recommended period before and after surgery.
The cost of plastic surgery depends on what surgery you are getting, says Dr. Chakuri. Prices differ from surgery to surgery. For example, the more popular surgeries like Liposuction cost around INR 10000 to 500000, and Rhinoplasty (Nose surgery) can cost around INR 50000 to 250000. Cosmetic surgery cost in Hyderabad usually starts from around Rs. 8,000 and can go up to Rs. 250,000.
Whether you want to look good or boost your self-confidence, or need to get rid of an old/ new scar that’s negatively affecting your life, getting plastic surgery is your choice. You should never be ashamed to want to look a certain way. If it makes you happy, you should definitely do it.