In today’s age of social media, where you get to see tons of different kinds of content on your feed every day, makeup videos are prevalent. These videos tend to spark an interest in makeup newbies to play around and experiment with this art form, primarily because of how easy they make the whole process look. However, the truth is, effortlessly pulling off makeup looks takes a whole lot of hard work, dedication, and practice. One thing that you can rest assured of, though, is that it’s worth it. Makeup is a prevalent form of art that many use as a means of self-expression, and it works great to enhance your natural beauty, so what’s not to like, right?
You can now buy all your favourite makeup products online on sites like Zivame, but first, you need to think about how far your makeup knowledge goes. Knowing the basics about different makeup products online and your skin tone to choose your products suitably is what one needs to start with. Figuring out your skin tone is not difficult at all, but if you’re looking to stock up on makeup products, you should focus on your undertone. Here are some easy tips to use so you could find out:
- Veins: Your veins will very quickly reveal your undertone, so flip your wrist over in sunlight and look at them. If they appear green, you have warm undertones; if they look purple or blue, you are cool too. If it seems like neither, you’re neutral.
- Paper: Hold a blank piece of paper right next to your face in natural lighting. Now, pay attention to what your skin looks like. If it appears pink, you have cool undertones, and if it’s more yellow-like, you have warm undertones. Again, if you appear neither, you’re neutral.
You can take many more easy tests to determine your skin tone and undertones, but these easy tests should do it, so let’s move on. Now, once you’ve chosen your skin tone, you need to head to the section of makeup products online to find the ones that’ll compliment your skin and bring out its natural glow. Here’s a guide to choosing the right makeup for you that will hopefully be of use:
- Foundation: Start by narrowing down your options and finding ones that seem the closest match to your skin. Then, make short lines with the same on your jaw, followed by the neck. You want to go with a shade that blends perfectly with both your neck and face for the most natural look, so when you find one that fits the criteria, go for it.
- Concealer: A concealer is supposed to be a perfect match for your skin to conceal dark spots, tan lines, etc. You can find the ideal shade by swatching on your forehead, and if it’s a perfect blend, you’ve got your shade.
- Blush: Most makeup artists always go for rosy pink hues when it comes to blush, but it’s safe to say you have some freedom in this area and can expand your options. Pink or peach shades work great with fair to medium skin tone, and you should consider coral shades for dark skin.
- Highlighter: Highlighters are all about accentuating your best features, so make sure you find the right ones. For light and medium skin tones, sand, honey pearl, or champagne shades will look the best, whereas, for dark skin tones, you might want to consider gold, bronze or coffee shades.
- Lipsticks: There are no hard and fast rules to choose lipstick shades; it’s all about what colours you’d like in your collection. Remember to stock up on some basics like nude shades, a few dark shades like purple, brown, mauve and some light ones like peak, pink, etc.
- Eye Makeup: Just like lipsticks, after you get your foundation, concealer, highlighter and blush right, you can do whatever you like with your eyeshadow palettes, your eyeliners and kajal. Feel free to go for absolutely any shades and create as many colourful looks as you’d like.
- Eyebrow Pencils: These are very easy to get right. Just go with shades that match your hair best to compliment your natural tresses.
That just about completes it, and when you’ve found all the right makeup products that compliment your skin using the above tips, you’re already halfway on your way to becoming a makeup guru. So shop from Zivame’s extensive makeup collection of the most high-quality products and begin your journey!
This post is part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.