I am in absolute love with Indian chicken curries and Chicken Angaara is one of my most favorite. This easy chicken curry recipe is known for its super-rich gravy with smoky aroma and flavor. Chicken Angara is subtly spicy and the marination time adds special taste also reducing its cooking time. Try this tantalizing Smokey chicken gravy with rice, roti, or naan.
Let’s Check Restaurant Style Chicken Angara Recipe
How To Make Restaurant Style Chicken Angara Recipe
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hours (Marination+cooking)
Also Read: Bread Cheese Balls Recipe
Ingredients List For Restaurant Style Chicken Angara Recipe
For Dry Masala
(1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
3 Dry Red Chillies,
3 Kashmiri Chillies,
1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
6-7 Whole Black Pepper)
- 500 Gm Chicken(Medium Cut)
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 200gm Curd
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 Onions (Sliced)
- Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 3/4 Cup Tomato Purée (3 Tomatoes)
- 8 Almonds Soaked And Made Paste
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Ginger Julienne
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Coal
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee
- 1 Teaspoons Fresh Cream
Method To Make Restaurant Style Chicken Angara Recipe
- Dry roast the marination masala (1 tbsp cumin seeds, 3 dry red chillies, 3 kashmiri chillies, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 6-7 whole black pepper) and grind to make dry powder.
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, dry masala, curd, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix it really well and keep in the refrigerator to marinate for about one hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onions till light brown, then add tomato purée and cook on high flame till the oil leaves the sides. Keep stirring continuously.
- Add the marinated chicken and keep stirring till the oil gets extracted.
- Add thin ginger stripes and almond paste. Cover and cook till the chicken gets tender for about 20 min.
- Add a glass of water or as required. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now Heat a piece of coal on direct flame till it gets very hot. Place it in a steel or earthen bowl. Keep this bowl in the center of your chicken pan. Put the cloves and pour ghee over the hot coal. Immediately cover the pan and let it stay for about 5 minutes.
- Take off the pan cover and remove the bowl. Mix the chicken well. Add cream, Ginger julienne, and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot and enjoy with rice, roti, naan, or anything you like!!!
Follow me on Pinterest
Hope you liked Restaurant Style Chicken Angara Recipe. Do leave your valuable feedback below!