When in Dubai, there are a lot of dermatology clinics you can visit if you need help with skincare. But you can’t just enter the first one you see. You need to find a skin specialist in Dubai who can address your concerns in the best way possible. To do so, you need to do some research to find the best one out there.
A good dermatologist should have great credentials. They should be certified physicians with years of practice. They should show interest and concern when you’ve visited their clinic, allowing an ample amount of time to interview you and not rush you during your appointment to book a session. Some dermatologists give their clients samples of their products to try which ones will work best for them. If you’ve found who does that then that’s a good sign.
What else should you be looking for in a skin specialist? Here are a few more tips:
- Evaluate yourself. The first thing you need to do is check yourself. What skin problems are you experiencing? What are your current concerns that you need to be addressed? Before looking into clinics, you should first know what solutions you might need. You can do initial research about your situation and find remedies that would be helpful to you. But if you think you need professional help, then start your research. Who specializes in what or what type of clinic to visit for such a condition? Identifying what you need is the first step to finding the right specialist for you.
- Get recommendations. If you want tried and tested results, then it’s best to ask your family members or friends. Get recommendations from them or ask them who their dermatologist is. If they’ve already been to one, then they can share their experiences with you and tell you who they think is best. You can ask detailed information about their visit, like how accommodating the specialist is, what are the services offered, how much they did pay for, what were the results, were they provided aftercare, what’s the ambiance of the clinic, etc. Knowing these will give you an idea of what your appointment will feel like once you’re there.
- Do your research. Checking out dermatology clinics online is more convenient than walking around all day looking for one because you won’t find them all in one area. They’re in different locations and you would be spending a lot of time and money just for scouting. When online, you can search for “Dubai skin clinics” and narrow down the list to the ones nearest you or the ones you prefer most. Read about the company, check out the services they offer, who their specialists are, what are their prices; read all the necessary information you need.
- Read reviews. The best references are the ones shared by those who experienced the treatment. So read reviews about what people are saying about a certain clinic. If most of their reviews are positive then that’s a good sign. You can add them to one of your choices. You can also look for reviews of a certain skin treatment if you want to learn more. Do you want to get a facial or an anti-aging treatment, get rid of eyebags, or whiten your dark spots? Do you have an acne outbreak or your skin is often feeling dry? Then reviews about the best treatment to help you decide the right one for you.
- Visit several clinics. As mentioned earlier, you can’t just go into the first clinic you see. You have to visit a few to find the best one that suits you. Doing a physical visit will help you get the feel of what’s comfortable for you. Clinics have different kinds of environments that give positive or sometimes negative vibes to their clients, which is why it’s important to be there and take a look at it because you don’t want to feel uncomfortable once you get your treatment. While doing a visit, you can look around and see their clinic’s cleanliness, staff’s promptness, client’s after-treatment reactions, etc.
- Know your dermatologist. The one who will be working with you closely is your dermatologist, so it would be good to know about them. The first thing you need to make sure they’re certified. You can learn about their credentials, their specialties, their skills and experience, how long they’ve been practicing, even their malpractices (if there are any) on state websites. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions to know them a bit more. [READ: Beauty Therapy Tips For Your Feet]
- Consider your budget. Of course, you need to talk about the price of the treatment you’re getting. Some treatments are quite expensive, so find out if there are payment options you can choose from. Some clinics offer different payment plans so their customers don’t have to pay the fee in full upfront. You might also want to check with your health insurance if they can cover the expenses.
Seeing a skin specialist regularly is helpful if you want to maintain healthy and glowing skin, but it’s also necessary to take care of your skin in your own simple way by doing simple regimens and choosing to live a healthy lifestyle.