Having a baby is by far the proudest moment in a mother’s life. All those months of hardships of carrying around a living human being inside you, finally pay off and you are blessed by something that is your creation. Women go through a lot during these pregnancy months and most suffer their hardships silently without bothering anybody else. This workload that has been bestowed upon them can, however, be reduced just a little. The answer to their problems would be selecting the right maternity wear. No amount of prayers or begging will eliminate the fact that you are pregnant and therefore will have to bear the burden of carrying a child for nine months, but nowhere is it written that you cannot make this experience a little less uncomfortable for yourself. Therefore I strongly think that you should definitely get yourself the correct collection of maternity wear to go through this suffering that will bring you, your life greatest joy.
Here are some tips to select the right maternity wear-
- Buy Breathable fabrics- Look during your pregnancy months you are going to be doing much more work than usual and as a result, will be sweating more than you normally do due to the extra weight that you will be carrying around inside you. Therefore, to save your body from accumulating all that sweat in tiny places in your body, buy clothes made from breathable fabrics. These fabrics will let air pass through into your body thereby reducing sweat accumulation. As these fabrics allow air to pass into your body, they maintain the correct temperature required by your body to properly function thereby avoiding the unnecessary accident. Even during the hot nights, maternity nightwear made from cotton fabrics will give you a better night’s sleep from those that are made from silk or nylon.
- Buy a size larger- The main objective of maternity wear is providing comfort to the wearer and not to make her look sexy or appealing to others. Therefore, when you do go out to buy these clothes make sure that you don’t buy clothes that are even slightly tight. As the months’ progress, remember that you are going to be fatter and fatter and these “tight” clothes will soon be obsolete. If you want my advice, buy clothes that are a size or larger for you to be ready for the future.
- Easy to remove- One thing that comes hand in hand with pregnancy is the never-ending urge to urinate. This is quite acceptable as there is a human inside you that is constantly punching the urinary bladder, plus you now excrete out the waste materials of two human bodies. As this activity cannot be controlled in any way and you kind of have to answer nature’s call whenever she deems it necessary, buy maternity clothes that are very easy to remove. Ensuring that these clothes will be easy to wear and easy to remove, will provide you with comfort and peace of mind when you are about to do your business. [READ: Must Have Features in a Maternity Insurance]
- Choosing the perfect maternity undergarments- During the period of your pregnancy, you learn to take care of your new-born but that doesn’t mean that you have to forget to take care of yourself. When all this is done and over you need to have a proper body so you can spring back into action. As it is important to select the right maternity wear during pregnancies, it is equally important to select the right maternity undergarments. Today’s women are all about balancing their personal life along with their professional life. Therefore, choosing the right maternity undergarment will help perform well in both the lives with comfort and ease. There are some points that you might want to consider while choosing the maternity garments-
- Size and shape- As you are going to be increasing in size as the months progresses, it is better if you buy undergarments a size or two bigger. Maternity panties such as grandma panties are a favorite amongst pregnant woman due to the excess room for movement within them.
- Bras- Be very careful when you are selecting maternity bras for yourself as your breasts will tend to get much heavier than you expected them to be. Buying larger bras with good shoulder straps will provide you with the comfort and support required in these situations.
When you start breastfeeding, look for bras with a soft cup or start wearing sports bras to make the experience much more comfortable for you. At the end of the third trimester, you can look for some nursing bras to help with your baby. [READ: Why Are Piles So Common In Pregnancy?]
In all honestly, these nine months will be actual hell for you but the end products for all this suffering will be the greatest achievement in your life. When you take your child in your arms for the first time you are going to forget all about the hardships you had to endure to get this dollop of joy. But this doesn’t mean you can’t do anything to reduce this torture. Buying the right clothing is honestly the only thing that you can do in these coming months. They are the only thing that will make your life bearable and as comfortable as humanly possible.
Image source: Clovia.com