Autumn is upon us, and with it, of course, comes chillier weather. If you’re having trouble letting go of summer, take heart- there’s no need to be sad about packing in the sundresses and sandals! With the onset of fall comes familiar comforts, vibrant colors, simple pleasures, and killer fashion. Who says you have to sacrifice cozy comfort for style? We say you can have both. If your wardrobe needs a bit of an update, fear not. From sweaters and scarves to boots and bags, these simple suggestions will instantly refresh your autumn clothing collection, ensuring that you look and feel stunning and stylish all season long.
- Invest in a quality cable knit sweater. This classic style is essential for any fall wardrobe. A good cable knit lends warmth and pairs equally well with jeans and tailored slacks. Try it with skinny jeans and a pair of knee-high boots or a pair of black pants with flats for a laid-back look that still exudes loads of class. Neutrals like cream, grey or muted clay blue are easy to mix into your closet, while deep tones like rich burgundy or forest green are totally autumn-worthy. Here’s one of our favorites: https://www.net-a-porter.com/ca/en/product/1084298
2. Covet a cashmere scarf. A gorgeous scarf screams autumn all on its own, but when you’re talking cashmere, you’re talking luxury at its finest. Wrapping a cashmere scarf around your neck and styling it just right can take a fall ensemble to seasonal heights. You’ll feel extra cozy and look totally put together, especially if you choose an absolute classic like the plaid Burberry one seen below. A blazer, simple t-shirt and skinny jeans look incredible with a cashmere scarf as the finishing touch. https://ca.burberry.com/the-classic-check-cashmere-scarf
3. Embrace the power of a crisp white shirt. We know what they say about wearing white after Labor Day, but we think that’s a completely outdated notion, especially when it comes to a staple like a crisp white shirt. Play with cut, sleeve length and shape to find your fit. Long-sleeved, collared and fitted is the instant classic, (as seen below) while bell-shaped bodices, cutouts, and flared sleeves offer a modern twist. Regardless of your style, a white cotton dress shirt lends itself effortlessly to casual and formal looks. Worn with jeans, pants, skirts, tucked in or out, layered or solo- the possibilities are endless with this essential piece. https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/theory-tenia-cotton-blend-blouse
4. Bring on the tall boots. Perhaps one of the most versatile fashion items, a pair of tall boots is a must-have in terms of. Keep your legs warm and slay the fashion game at the office, the club, or dinner with this imperative item. There is a myriad of ways to wear tall boots – with a denim shirt dress and otherwise bare legs, with tucked textured leggings or skinnies, or even a turtleneck and a short skirt for a slick retro vibe. We think classic black is the way to go since it’s so easy to wear black boots with pretty much anything. Check out our favorite Louboutin pair: https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/christian-louboutin-marmara-tall-boot-women/
5. Spoil yourself with a new designer handbag. Now that it’s time to turn in the beach totes, reaching for a high-end handbag is an ideal way to update your fall wardrobe. We tend to travel lighter in the summertime and carry more with us in the fall, so a good handbag is essential for functional reasons as well. The fall 2018 runways were jam-packed with handbag trends, ranging from modern geometrical to faux fur to necklace purses, and of course, there are certain styles that will never go out of fashion (we’re looking at you, Louis Vuitton and Chanel). The right bag can really elevate a look to its full potential and maximize your fall wardrobe.
If you’re into trying something new and different, we love this triangular bag from Mlouye. It’s the quintessential little black purse with just a touch of defiance. Prefer a classic? The iconic Louis Vuitton Neverfull bag is sleek, structured and virtually bottomless.
6. Beautify with a bangle. It’s amazing how much impact a bangle bracelet can have on an outfit. It’s such a simple and elegant touch, yet it speaks volumes as a visual statement. This fall, bangles are out in full force. Join the club and shop Opulent Jewelers for your choice of a classic or statement bangle, whether worn solo or stacked. The Cartier anniversary bangle is an excellent choice for those with classic tendencies, and Chanel’s Plum bracelet makes an enchanting, strong yet soft statement. https://www.opulentjewelers.com/shop/cartier-anniversary-gold-diamond-bangle
We live for fall, and as bummed as we are that summer has made its exit, we can’t lie – we’re so stoked for fall fashion. So dive into the pumpkin spice headfirst – celebrate the season beloved for its rich scents, pretty palette, and iconic fashion sense. So long, summer! Oh hey there, fall.