Mishti’s 1st birthday was a Princess Party Theme, while the 2nd was a Minnie Mouse Birthday Theme. This year we decided to go with Dora The Explorer Theme Birthday Party by knowing her love for adventure and the character- “Dora”.
I’m always quite determined to host a Best Birthday Party Ideas for Kids. Therefore, I thought Dora birthday party will be always remembered by my Lil one and of course will be talked about among people for ages. We wanted it to celebrate this birthday party at our home along with her friends nearby, but how could we miss some our friends too?
Anyone in India who has a Dora obsessed kid? I’m sure you will know how hard it’s to find Dora The Explorer partyware. Hence, I had to gather it from many online websites, local markets and few are DIY dora party decorations!
I avoided the invitations cards as her friends were all who stayed nearby, and phone calls to my friends and family did all the work. But, Dora theme party agenda was full well planned about the checklist:
- Balloon decoration for birthday party at home,
- Backdrop wall décor:
- Party favors (Dora Party Blowout, Dora party caps, Dora face masks, Dora eye masks
- Dora party decoration (DIY Party Decor- Paper fan, Dora Wall Sticker, and Dora birthday banner)
Dora themed birthday cake (check the Dora character on the top of the cake, that’s bought from an online shopping portal)
Dora partyware (Dora birthday party paper plates, Dora birthday party paper glasses, and Dora birthday party tissues)
- Photo booth props for the quirky pics
- Gift wrapping in purple color to match the Dora theme
- Piñata (we used a pink balloon with stuffing of rose petals and chocolates)
- And of course, the Dora outfit- we decided to go with the theme colour pink & orange. So we even made our family wear orange & pink theme party dress. Baby’s birthday dress is custom stitched and the accessories like necklace, bracelet, and the pink flower headpiece did all the charm.
On the Dora birthday day, we started everything from early morning and everything was very much hustle-bustle. But, we ended everything on time at sharp 7.30pm before our Lil’ guests arrived. Mama, daddy, family and birthday girl all were decked and dressed up for the pink & orange theme birthday party. Everything looked completely so beautiful, perfect and just the way I always wanted my angel’s birthday party to be.
We, Kids, family, and friends had a gala time with the delicious Chinese food, games, music and some quirky photo booth click click! I love the way kids celebrate a birthday, they squeal like hell & we don’t have to tell them about what’s to be done!!