Gujarat is popular for its flavorsome food. While Kadhi is a very popular traditional Gujarati food preparation. This is a perfect blend of spicy and sweet curd mixture that is thickened using gram flour. You can also add pakoras or koftas to enhance the flavor even more. Enjoy this Gujarati kadhi with khichdi, rice roti, or even puran poli.
Let’s Check Gujarati Dahi Kadhi Recipe
How To Make Gujarati Dahi Kadhi
Cooking Time: 18 mins
Makes 4 servings
Also Read: 5 Best Restaurant Buffet Deals In Mumbai
Ingredients List For Gujarati Dahi Kadhi
- 2 Cups Fresh Dahi/ Curd
- 5 Tbsp Bengal Gram Flour /Besan
- 2 ½ Tsp Ghee
- 2 Pinches Of Hing/ Asafoetida
- 6 Kadi Patta /Curry Leaves
- 1 ½ Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera/ Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Rai/ Sarson/ Mustard Seeds
- Salt, As Needed
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste
- Finely Chopped Dhania / Coriander For Garnish
Method To Make Easy Gujarati Dahi Kadhi
- Either whisk or blend curd & besan together to make a smooth. There must be no lumps remaining.
- Now Add 3 cups water. Mix again and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add asafoetida and then the Curd, Besan, Water mixture.
- Add salt, curry leaves, salt, Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli paste, sugar and a pinch of turmeric if you wish.
- Let the mixture boil for 3 minutes. Keep stirring continuously to avoid sticking/curdle/lumps.
- Now reduce your gas flame & let it simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes. Make sure to stir it occasionally.
- Gujarati Kadhi is ready. Garnish this with coriander leaves & serve hot with your favorite roti, rice, puran poli or khichdi.
Enjoy this healthy food preparation to stay healthy and cool this summer!