Healthy eating, weight management and physical activity can keep your diabetes at check. If you are diabetic, it’s advised that you intake a healthy and proper eating plan including loads of legumes and vegetables. Also reduction of saturated fat, low salt & added sugars is advised.
Maintaining a healthy body weight for one with diabetes helps in management of blood glucose.
Thus, let us check a healthy eating plan which will suit best if you have diabetes.
Diabetes Healthy eating plan is not too different and don’t require any separate food preparation or investment to buy any special foods. You can enjoy this healthy eating plan along with your other members of the family.
What Does Healthy-Eating Plan Do-
· Maintains good health
· Blood glucose levels is managed well
· Blood lipid level is achieved
· Blood pressure level is maintained
· Proper body weight
· Diabetes complications are reduced or prevented
Simple Diabetes Diet Plan for Indians
For people with diabetes in India, the carbs, fats and proteins ratio must be 60:20:20. While, they must consume 1,500-1,800 calories each day including at least 2 fruits and 3 vegetables in their meal.
Soak 1 teaspoon methi seeds overnight in a cup of water and drink it every morning empty stomach to control your diabetes.
Drink a cup tomato juice with some salt & pepper in empty stomach every morning.
Soak 4-5 almonds overnight and consume every morning to keep your diabetes at check.
High fibre foods like oats, Whole grains, millets, etc. has to be included in your meals.
Consume Milk with a perfect combination of carbohydrates & proteins that controls your blood sugar levels.
Including High fibre vegetables like spinach, peas must be added to one's diet. Sprouts and pulses with husk are also considered a good option.
Pulses are the must have in every diabetes diet. Vegetables that are rich in fibre also helps to lower the blood sugar levels.
Omega-3 and MUFA contain low cholesterol and are also free of trans fat.
High fibre Fruits like papaya, pear, orange, apple can be consumed.
Make sure to intake Small frequent meals, as a large meal tend to increase blood sugar in the body.
Consume diet with low carbohydrates, high fibre & adequate proteins, minerals and vitamins. Also avoid any fatty foods, artificial sweeteners or sweets.
If you are a non-vegetarian, include seafood and chicken in your diet rather than the red meat. Also for those with high cholesterol, egg yolk & red meat can be avoided.
Physical Activity For Diabetes Plays A Very Vital Role
Just healthy eating is not enough, physical activity plays an equally important role. Try and be active as much as possible and include 30 min of excursive daily. This will lower your-
· Blood Glucose Levels
· Blood Pressure
· Stress & Anxiety
What Is The Best Glucometer In India? And Why?
AlereG1 Glucometer is one of the best Managing Diabetes - Monitoring Tools for blood sugar level. It gives quite reliable & accurate results and also the price of Rs.799 is quite economical.
Some more features of Alere G1 Blood Glucose monitoring device are-
- · Strip ejector button to ensure you can dispose of the used test strip into the dustbin. Thus, promoting hygiene & preventing chances of infections.· Alarm reminder that doesn’t let you forget your test even in the busy day· 99.9% pure Gold electrodes to get highly test results like lab· 500 test memory· Marked with US FDA & CE· Most affordable test strips, which are available at less than Rs.9.00 per stripThe reason we have chosen this brand is because of its high accuracy and cheap test strip price. While, other popular brands employ carbon electrodes, Alere G1 uses 99.9% pure gold electrodes. As we know gold is the best conductor electricity, the test results in Alere G1 are very accurate. Further, Alere G1 employs the unique FAD (Glucose dehydrogenase) enzyme. FAD ensures that the oxygen, maltose & galactose, which are commonly found in blood, do affect the test results. This is again a big plus for Alere G1 compared with other brands in the market. Thus, Alere G1 offers super high accuracy in home glucose testing. Please note that it is the repeated purchase of test strips that burns the hole in your pocket. So, one of the key criteria to choose a Glucometer should include the test strip price. Here too, Alere G1 presents the most compelling proposition.The brand has 3 test strip packs:· 25 test strip pack with MRP 495/- (available on Snapdeal for only Rs. 350/-)· 50 test strip pack with MRP 750/- (Snapdeal price: Rs. 570/-)· 100 test strip pack with MRP 1250/- (Snapdeal price: Rs. 850/-)We believe that Alere G1 takes care of your diabetes monitoring and wallet as well. We recommend you make a self-comparison for accuracy and look up popular e-comm channels for prices. Believe what you experience!
Diabetes Diet Plan for Indians must contains proteins, carbohydrates and fats. A balanced & well planned diet helps in personal health improvement as well.
Do comments below with your favorite tips for good diabetes diet plan!!!